|On this page||FAQ’s|
Template is the starting point of the framework. It is one of the most flexible features in the platform. You can design your questionnaire using this page. It can vary from type of question (text, number, choice, drop down, custom table structure with text or choice, any custom field), number of questions per page, information text with formatting, logical condition on field to be visible based on answer selected of another question.
- Search : Write the name of the template and click on search button to search the template you have already added and want to modify.
- ADD Button : Click on add button to create a new template.
- EDIT Button : Click on edit button to edit an existing template to modify questions, scores and other parts of the surveys/questionnaire.
- Participation figures : Shows the number of participants eligible for a particular survey and the progress of the participants like how many users have completed 1%, 10%, 25% etc... of the survey and how many have already submitted the survey.
- COPY Button : Helps you creating an exact clone of an existing template. Creating a clone/copy of a template can also help you take a backup of the template before you make any changes to the live template.
- DELETE Button : Helps you delete the template from the framework. This button is only visible if a template is in use by a survey.
- Cut : Used to cut the highlighted node or group of nodes in case of nested nodes.
- Copy : Used to copy the highlighted node or group of nodes in case of nested nodes.
- Paste : Used to paste the copied or cut nodes before (as a sibling) or under (as a child) the highlighted node.
- Delete : Used to delete the highlighted node or group of nodes in case of nested nodes. Note: All the children of the highlighted node will be deleted.
- Add a question : Will create a new question before (as a sibling) or under (as a child) the highlighted node. The node that is added will have a fields for “Question Number”, “Question Text”, “Question Type”, “Scores” and other settings to make question “Admin Only”, “Voluntary/Mandatory” & “Allowed to Copy”.
- Add a text : Will create a Inline Text node before (as a sibling) or under (as a child) the highlighted node. For this node you will display a dropdown box which will help you to select whether you want to show the text within the question, show it as a popup, show it as Notes in the right hand module etc.
- Add a condition : Will create a condition node under the highlighted node. This node is used to add logical condition to add the visibility dependencies for a question.
- Add info : Will create a info node which can store information like Dropdown options, Currency values or conversions etc..
- Clear the clipboard : Will clear the clipboard of the copied or cut nodes if you have selected them by mistake or you have changed your mind after selecting them.
- This unique number is the node_id of the node. Each node is uniquely identified by this node_id.
- Up arrow can be used to provide a direct link to another user to direct reach the highlighted node, which in turn can also be used as a copy source while copying the node from current template to another.
- Down arrow can be used to paste the copied node(s) from another template to current template using the URL copied using the Up arrow.
When you want to copy/cut multiple nodes at the same time, you can click on the copy/cut button (see below) multiple times to copy/cut paste as many nodes as you want.
Logic Condition in template¶
Logic statements in the online tool is used to trigger relevant parts of the reporting framework based on a previous indicator response.
Do not introduce additional spacing between lines - this may cause issues.
Basic functions available
AND NOT OR RESPONSE ("internal name", "node ID") - returns the response as text VALUE (RESPONSE) - returns the response as a numerical value
1. Example of a simple logic condition checking if a datapoint is not blank¶
RESPONSE("Q 2 Type of program Both","004c43af9cd240b6a0db049447ce9b72")<>""
- First bit (“Q 2 Type of program Both”) is purely for internal purposes and is used to identify the datapoint. This bit is ignored by the system
- Second bit (“004c43af9cd240b6a0db049447ce9b72”) is the node id of the datapoint being checked in the logic condition and this is used by the system to make the logic statement work correctly.
2. Example of a logic condition checking multiple datapoints with a OR condition¶
(RESPONSE("Q 2 Type of program Global","004c43af9cd240b6a0db049447ce9b72")="Global") OR (RESPONSE("Q 2 Type of program both","004c43af9cd240b6a0db049447ce9b72")="Both")
3. Example of a logic condition checking multiple datapoints with a AND condition¶
(RESPONSE("Q 2 Type of program Local","004c43af9cd240b6a0db049447ce9b72")="Local") AND (RESPONSE("Q 2 Type of program both","004c43af9cd240b6a0db049447ce9b72")="Both")
4. Example of a logic condition with NOT, AND, OR¶
NOT((RESPONSE("Q 2 Type of program Global","004c43af9cd240b6a0db049447ce9b72")="Global") OR (RESPONSE("Q 2 Type of program Local","004c43af9cd240b6a0db049447ce9b72")="Local") AND (RESPONSE("Q 2 Type of program both","004c43af9cd240b6a0db049447ce9b72")="Both"))
5. Example of a logic condition with AND, OR¶
(RESPONSE("Q 3 Focus of program: Education","e1b7f41b60994bba8e41efceae0c2149")="Education")OR RESPONSE("Q 3 Focus of program: Profession","e1b7f41b60994bba8e41efceae0c2149")="Profession")OR RESPONSE("Q 3 Focus of program: Transport","e1b7f41b60994bba8e41efceae0c2149")="Transport")) AND (RESPONSE("Q 8 Markets served City","5e22ee7f011d4fc28b96fa63e3ae2737")="City")OR RESPONSE("Q 8 Markets served State","5e22ee7f011d4fc28b96fa63e3ae2737")="State"))
6. Example of a logic condition where you need to check the percentage or exact value of a particular datapoint. In the below example we are checking whether this datapoint has a value greater than 0¶
VALUE(RESPONSE("Q 22 Total funding contribution from partners in the last calendar year","26b5c8717fe7494b9aa13d83d10bb615")))>0
Template Modification Rules¶
There are few rules while you modify the templates, please keep a note of them
- If you want to carry forward any of the responses from previous surveys, make sure text of choices under checkbox/radio/dropdown is kept the same as in the previous survey.
Probench Version 1 Rules
- Each question should have one answer node (A) under it.
- Each text question should have one answer node (A) under it. (A common mistake happens in general)
- If you want a question node to be scored then make sure “each”/”at least one” answer node has score assigned to it.
Probench Version 3 & 4 Rules
- For checkbox/radio/dropdown make sure that immediate child questions are of type choice
Adding different types of questions in template¶
- Create a question with type Group .
- In Group question add first question of type Row . This row will be the heading of the table.
- If that first row add inline text that will show the text in the header of the table.
- Now in Group question add another question with type row. If you provide text to this question then it will become the first column of the row.
- In second row add questions which you want to add.
- Likewise add multiple rows and questions in those rows.
- This will create your table.
- This video will explain how to create table in template.
- Create a question with type checkboxes in template. If you provide text to this question then it will become heading of checkbox question.
- Add questions in checkboxes questions with type choice. Provide text to this question, that will appear next to checkbox in survey page.
- It will create a checkbox in survey.
- If want to create multiple options in checkboxes then add multiple choice questions in checkbox question.
- Exclusive is a question type used in checkbox, which makes all other options unticked while it is ticked in checkbox.
- This video will explain how to create checkboxes in template.
Adding File & URL¶
- Create a question with type as URL for url text. Provide text to this question in template, that will appear as heading for url question.
- Create a question with type as File for document attachment. Provide text to this question in template, that will appear as heading for Document Attachment question.
- This video will explain how to create file & url in template.
- Create a question with type Dropdown in template. If you provide text to this question then it will become heading of dropdown question.
- Add questions in dropdown question with type choice. Provide text to this question, that will appear in dropdown in survey page.
- It will create a dropdown in survey.
- If want to create multiple options in dropdown then add multiple choice questions in dropdown question.
- This video will explain how to create dropdown in template.
How to copy a question from one template to another?¶
- Go to template 2020 Global Index in template editor.
- Hover over Q60 so that you can see the little menu for the question as shown in Template Toolbox .
- Go to Q60 in the 2020 Global Index and click on the green up arrow marked as 11 at Template Toolbox .
- Go to the address bar of your browser (what is address bar?) and copy the string. It will look like this. https://reportingframework.com/Manager/Template/Editor.aspx?survey_template_id=512bf6db-3cf8-4f25-8c5f-c400d030877f&survey_node_id=href:ccbdd11e-88e0-4c26-a6b1-448006ed18a1
- So now you have the reference to this question copied to your computer’s memory.
- Go to the 2021 Global Index: https://reportingframework.com/Manager/Template/Editor.aspx?survey_template_id=e707e3e2-10e0-4f78-a371-c8981bb570d8
- Hover over the question where you want to paste the question, so that you can see the menu.
- Click the green down arrow as 12 at Template Toolbox . (If the browser shows a warning message at this point get the browser to allow the script to run.)
- Click “OK” –> “OK” (don’t press Cancel - this doesn’t work currently) –> “OK”.
- Reload the page and you can see that Q60 is now in the survey.
Different tabs in template page¶
It is the standard view of the template page where manager can add, edit or delete questions and change structure of template. Manager can set question type and options like mandatory field, visible to user, don’t copy responses in this page of standard tab only.
Scores for each questions are added in this tab.
The Default field gets visible which can be used to prefill the responses of the question from one of the question in the current template and set it as default. This field hold the node_id of the fields from where the value is supposed to be defaulted
In extended page the purpose of the question is set why question is used. Also sets the indicator that the question is mandatory or voluntary or both.
- To visit extended page of template click on Extended in top menu of template.
- Select the option from dropdown to define why this question is used.
- Select the option from dropdown to define the questions that are mandatory or optional or both.
A dependants field will get visible which will hold the node_id’s of the questions whose status is dependant on the highlighted question.
It is only for the developers of Probench, it is use to implement any specific behavior to your field. You should not be see this tab.
When to use Save Changes option?¶
After any changes structural changes have been made to the template like moving questions, adding questions, deleting questions Save Changes button will be visible. If any changes has made in text or type of questions then save changes won’t be visible. You must click save changes to save the structural changes. This is important because the changes will not be displayed and saved for users in survey.
What are the implications of change in questions for current year cycle?¶
To first give a context, Each year there are survey cycles. Since we learn from the survey, there is need to change in few questions (indicators) from past year survey. So in order to achieve the above request, we suggest that you create a copy the template. The common question is what will be the implication? Will I loss last year responses or data?
Firstly, if you create the copy of last year’s template none of the responses from the last year will not be lost. However there can be other implications namely, the prefill feature will not work accurately. <For prefill> You will have to revisit following point as appilicable variable name in template, any changes in reports and brochures, change in scores of the question.
Jump to node(question) by Id and variable name¶
Search by ID¶
This functionality available on the page of Template on create or update option. Navigate to Prepare > Templates click on edit or new template.
If you know the ID name then type diectly on Jump To box OR You can find the ID on mouse over to any particular question as shown in below image. Copy that Id and paste in Jump To search box and press “ENTER”.
You will see the matching node becomes highlited as shown in below image.
Search by Variable Name¶
If you know the Variable name then type diectly on Jump To box OR you can find the variable name by click on variable tab option in headrs, it shows bolw of each question question as shown in below image. Copy that Variable name and paste in Jump to box and press “ENTER”.
You will see the matching node becomes highlited as shown in below image.